Nonprofit Quarterly is a 30-year-old independent publication that is seen as a rigorous nonprofit practitioner’s journal. And it is the most read publication in the nonprofit sector. Its orientation is to surface the questions, intelligence, and experience of those in the field and find the knowledge needed to advance practice. It is dedicated to the civil sector as the venue that champions the common good, including active democracy and culture.
NPQ has multiple venues that can be mixed and matched for effect. These include:
- Three weekly curated newsletters on leadership, economic democracy, and race + power, distributed to 50,000
- Approximately 30-40 online workshops annually, with an average of 2,000 participants each
- A twice-monthly podcast, with an audience of 3500
- A quarterly magazine, with 5,000 subscribers
- 3,100,000 users annually
The digital director manages NPQs digital presence across the web. They will be driving traffic to the website, collaborating to develop and execute content campaigns, monitor and interpret analytic data, and optimize the functionality of our public facing digital infrastructure and ecosystem.
NPQ needs a digital director who has experience communicating about social issues and demonstrates strong leadership abilities in engaging audiences. We want someone with extensive knowledge of the digital ecosystem and skills to implement digital distribution strategies that result in increased engagement and growing membership, as well as informing the direction of creative content production.
Digital Director Responsibilities:
- Meeting with the editorial, marketing and creative teams to define outreach strategies and requirements.
- Developing and implementing digital engagement campaigns to increase brand awareness, audience, website traffic, and subscriptions.
- Managing project staff, timelines, and budgets.
- Reviewing and proofreading digital content such as social media content, multi-media stories, and website copy.
- Layout daily email newsletters.
- Partner with teams to manage all digital activities including websites, e-commerce, and social media.
- Monitoring and interpreting digital analytics related to content performance.
- Generating and presenting digital marketing reports and analyses for feedback.
- Keeping abreast of the latest consumer and marketing trends and advancements in technology.
Digital Director Requirements:
- 4 years of experience in advertising, digital media, or similar.
- Demonstrated success with engagement strategies related to social issues.
- Experience repurposing content and driving content engagement campaigns.
- Proficiency in digital marketing and analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager, Hubspot and Mailchimp.
- Good understanding of e-commerce and CMS platforms such as WordPress, Shopify, and Squarespace.
- Familiarity with all major social media networks including Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Excellent understanding of digital practices such as SEO, SEM, SMO, and PPC.
- Adaptable, versatile, and the ability to keep up to date with social sector trends and advancements in storytelling technology.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytic abilities.
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
The salary for this position is $60,000 to $70,000, in addition to healthcare, paid leave, and retirement contribution.
The policy and intent of NPQ is to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, affectional orientation or gender identity, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sex, or age. Relevant experience or demonstrated capacity to perform needed tasks will be considered in lieu of formal educational requirements.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to:
No phones calls please.