So today (sigh) is Giving Tuesday and the din is deafening. Everybody wants a piece of it.
But NPQ knows that this day is just one of 365 days when nonprofits are out and about, fundraising. As much as we possibly can, NPQ supports this activity through a constant stream of information about:
- what is working in the art of fundraising this year,
- current trends in giving,
- the changes in useful tools and formats, and
- changes in the regulatory environment
- what to ignore because it is silly or unproven.
Some of what we publish is in the form of full feature articles, and some are newswires— and, honestly, some of the newswires have been very important. So we thought that we would send you a small collection of what we have published lately and remind you:
- That you should share this with other fundraisers, so they’ll know what we have on our site
- THAT WE DEPEND UPON YOUR DONATIONS TO KEEP THE MATERIAL ON OUR SITE FREELY FLOWING! SO GIVE BACK TO NPQ TODAY – DONATE!
A smattering of a much larger NPQ archive on fundraising, just from the past year:
- Firing Your Development Director? Join the Club!
- Donor Retention: What Do We Know and What Can We Do about It?
- Philanthropy – Not Even the Same Stream Once
- Donor Retention a Growing Problem for Small Organizations
- New Knight Handbook on the Logistics of Giving Days an Excellent Contribution
- The Donor-Centric Pledge
- Simone’s Buffet of Tips and Tidbits on Fundraising
- Giving Clubs and Giving Societies and Whatever
- Giving USA 2013: Coming Back Slowly and Different after Recession
- Crowdfunding 101: A Comparative Look at Kickstarter, Indiegogo and Razoo
- Crowdfunding Unconditional Cash Transfers to Individuals as International Aid
- Million Dollar Gifts: What are the Trends?
- Choosing Your Fundraising Strategies
- Komen Cancels 7 Fundraising Walks as Participation Plummets
Meanwhile I wish you well this “Giving Tuesday” when we are encouraged to brave wild competition to make ourselves heard. I hate crowded places.