This fun and informative webinar discusses the role of the board in crafting various types of strategic alliances between nonprofits, from the formal to the very informal. But it also addresses a significant shift in the way we view those kinds of arrangements—everything from networks to mergers. This shift is cultural, but it deeply informs practice.
This webinar will be useful not only for executive directors, but also board members and other nonprofit leaders.
- Anne Wallestad, President & CEO, BoardSource
- Jenifer Gager Holland, Associate Vice President Consulting and Learning Practice, BoardSource
This webinar will explore:
- How your organization’s efforts could be accelerated and amplified by working together through mergers and other types of formal collaborations
- Moments that create natural opportunities to consider the possibility of strategic alliances and restructuring, like intentional strategy and planning, significant shifts in your internal or external operating environment, leadership transitions, and program entry or exit
- What pursuing strategic partnerships takes from leaders in terms of strategic thinking, creativity, openness, and humility
- How to think differently about what it means to expand impact within a broader ecosystem of nonprofit players, and how strategic alliances can be leveraged in a way that strengthens your community’s overall ability to serve its people and needs