NPQ health justice editors, Nineequa Blanding and Sonia Sarkar, share some of their favorite articles published in 2022. Read the selection below for critical insights on leadership perspectives and transformative efforts underway to imagine and create a world that enables everyone to thrive. We hope you enjoy.
1. What Is Healing Justice?
2. Control in Healthcare: History and Reclamation of Bodily Autonomy from the Reclaiming Control: The History and Future of Choice in Our Health series
3. Healing-Centered Leadership: A Path to Transformation
4. Art Is a Catalyst for Healing
5. Indigenous Creators Call for Infrastructure
6. Reproductive Justice Beyond Population Control: An Invitation to Funders
7. How Can We Support Youth Mental Health?
8. Transforming Low-Wage Healthcare: The Promise of Worker Ownership
9. To Bridge Health Equity and Infrastructure, We Must Harness Grassroots Power and Creativity
11. Redefining Black Farming
12. Using a Data-Driven Strategy to Advance Racial Equity in Grantmaking
13. Good Medicine: Centering Food Justice Work in Indigenous Maternal Knowledge
14. Health Funders Call on Philanthropy to Support Power Building
15. Leading Restoratively: The Role of Leadership in a Pro-Black Sector